Tonight is the neighborhood meeting with planning and zoning legalizing backyard chickens.
The City has scheduled a public meeting to discuss this proposal for Wednesday, August 17, at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers located at Glendale City Hall, 5850 W. Glendale Avenue. All who attend will have the opportunity to share their thoughts on this issue. The projected timeline for future meeting is:
· August 17, 2016 Neighborhood Meeting @ Glendale City Hall (6 p.m.)
· September 1, 2016 Planning Commission – Workshop
· October 6, 2016 Planning Commission – Public Meeting
· November 1, 2016 City Council – Workshop (The City Council will be provided with neighborhood meeting and Planning Commission input and will be asked to provide a policy direction on this subject.)
· TBD (If necessary) City Council Meeting (The City Council, at their Voting Meeting, would conduct a public hearing on a proposed Zoning Text Amendment that would allow chickens in residential neighborhoods subject to certain conditions.
M & S