Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Happy 1st Day of Fall

HaPpY 1st Day of Fall! One of my most favorite seasons…next to Spring. 

Granted where we are there is a very real possibility that we will still reach over 100 degrees, but the nights will eventually start cooling down and the mornings will be beautiful, it was 71 degrees this morning when I left for work, what a beautiful morning.

The hubs and I are not normally bothered by the summer heat, this year for me was an exception, I am ready for the cooler weather.  This year was a rough summer so for us, it's a time for change, a time to wash away the summer’s hiccups and start fresh with a new season and new beginnings. 

Yes, it would be nice to see the season's change, (we were just discussing this at lunch today) at least once in my life time, but with a quick trip up north to Flagstaff that can be accomplished to satisfy me...I am a native to Arizona and I do not cope well in the cold.  I thank my parents every winter for moving down to Arizona from Montana a month before I was born.  I'm sure the Montana weather wouldn't phase me if I was raised in it, but let's face it...In Arizona, we don't have to shovel sunshine.

Life starts all over again when it gets crisp in the fall ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald.


What does fall mean to you or what is in store for you this fall? 


For us this year it means:  my nieces wedding, family visiting, a family member coming for life saving surgery, a big elk hunt….and last but not least our baby turning 17 years old. 

What fall always means:  soup weather, a fall garden, no more worrying about pedicures and chipped toe nail polish, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Halloween, Thanksgiving, baking, using the fireplace, no more re-runs because new TV seasons are starting, and football, if you watch.
           
Enjoy your first day of fall!

M & S
Uptown Grange

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any derogatory, mean spirited or cruel comments will not be posted. This blog is meant only to show our trials, tribulations and experiences with dogs, gardening, recipes, crafts, DIY, natural healing, raising backyard chickens and anything else we feel is worth writing about.

Disclosures & Disclaimers
Please know that any advice or information shared on this blog is informational only and should be implemented at your own discretion.